The alpha is freaking here god dammit!
- Here are the links, go play with it!: Alpha 1 Downloads
Suffice to say, this is an Alpha, so it won't be as smooth as version 3.4. At least it isn't for me. But that's kind of the point. Hopefully there are enough devs trying it and reporting the errors they find.
For me, for example, the tab key does diddly squat. But I'm gonna keep toying around with it anyway.
The announcement was made on the official blog and by @Akien over on Twitter
And even tho there has been only a couple of days to test it, there are plenty of videos you can already check out if you wanna know what's new. I'm leaving a list below:
- Godot 4 First Alpha Release, by Gamesfromscratch
- Godot 4 Alpha FPS, by WuotanStudios. Part 1, Part 2 and FPS Controller demo video
- Godot 4 is out, things you should expect, by Ayo's gaming
- Godot 4.0 Alpha is here!, by Chevifier
- Godot 4.0 Alpha (test video), by GD Gamedev
- Let's try the new Godot 4 alpha version, by OUTSEET
- Godot 4.0 Alpha 1, by EeVeE-3D
- It's Time! Start Trying Godot 4 Now, by Bramwell Williams
- Godot 4 😱 RELEASED, by Emilio
- Godot 4: New annotations and exports syntax in GDScript 2, by Explore Gamedev
- Godot 4 Pre-Alpha "Easy" Networking, by Mitch Makes Things
- GODOT 4.0 La lista de cambios en el Alpha 1 - Disponible, by Lukifah Devnull (Español)
- Godot 4.0 Alpha Disponível!, by Clécio Espindola GameDev (Portuguese)
- Godot 4.0 disponivel para Download! (Cria Jogo News EMERGENCIAL), by Cria Jogo (Portuguese)
- Provando Godot Engine 4 Alpha, by Crystal Bit (Italian)
If videos are not your thing, here's the reddit r/gamedev thread about it
I mentioned the App a couple of issues ago, and now there's more of it!
This one arrived just in time for me, and I love it.
I have no idea how Gamefromscrach does it but as always, there's already a video about it.
If you have anything you want to share with the Godot development community please let me know by sending an email to email@example.com