- Alfred Baudisch (@AlfredBaudisch), a software architect, announced on Twitter a couple of weeks ago his new book, Godot Software Development, "a book about developing Business Software, Mobile Apps and Tools with the Godot Engine"
The book will be mostly focused on data-oriented business applications connected to databases, APIs and websockets (assembling GUI, architecture and implementation).
is still very much a work in progress, but overall the book will be project oriented, covering the development of the following projects with the Godot Engine:
Developing a Business native desktop software, data-oriented, connected to a local database, remote RESTful APIs and real-time connected interactions with Websockets.
Developing a productivity mobile app.
Developing a productivity desktop tool.
Exploring Godot as an application framework and as a viable alternative to React, Qt, Flutter, Electron, et all.
Release Date? Late 2022/Early 2023.
- Benjamin Anderson (HeartBeast) Indiegogo campaign for his book "Production Point - Learn how to plan and finish your game as a solo developer" reached 97% of its funding goal in a couple of days.
This book is not exclusively about Godot, but I think HeartBeast deserves to get a spot here considering his history as a Godot content creator. Besides, learning "how to plan and finish your game as a solo developer" is as, if not more, useful than learning anything engine specific.
The eBook starts at 15 USD and there are still 26 days left.
Dark Sheep: 1 Year ReportRead The Full Report on Reddit
DaisyGameStudio had already published the result of another of their game: Hack Grid, in March of this year:
Now they're back with a full report for the game Dark Sheep:
I highly recommend you to read the full thing on this Reddit post, but if all you want are the numbers, here they are:
- 2,009,217 Impressions
- 41.28% Click-thru rate
- 829,355 Visits
- 455 Sold Units
- 21 (4.6%) Refunded Units
- 1,298 Current Wishlists
- 12.8% Wishlist conversion rate
- Sales by platform: 84.4% on Windows, 8.8% on Linux, 6.8% on Mac
GOTM.io Premium Games system
Launching on May 14th
The premium section on Gotm.io is getting out of the beta stage a little more than a week from now.
What do you need to publish your game in the Premium section of Gotm.io?
There are two main requirements that need to be met: high level of quality/polish and at least roughly one hour of playtime to complete.
The artstyle does not need to be high resolution but it has to be consistent throughout the game. We recommend custom assets if possible but it's possible to be approved even if they aren't. - gotm.io faq
This will be the first Godot-exclusive games as a service product out there. Hopefully, it will bring good results for Gotm.io.
I'll keep an eye on the section and the pricing for later issues.
📰 Godot news round-up
- Go Godot jam is back - Go Godot Jam 3 was announced a week ago, and this time there's a new format: Go Godot Jam - Classic will last for 11 days and it will be focused on a casual experience. For the more daring devs, Go Godot Jam ultra, hosted on Gotm.io instead of Itch, will last for 3 days and will have cash prizes.
- GODOT4 Major Changes Overview & Demo
- @Bramreth showing a nit little trick for Godot: how to overload the to_string() function:
If you have anything you want to share with the Godot development community please let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org